Monday, October 03, 2011

first FO...

He does smile once in while. But not in the presence of hand knits!

I just wanted to share these photos of Jens wearing the first garment I finished when I picked up knitting in 2003. It's quite clumsily done, so I hadn't expected to find it wearable and up to my present standard. But actually there is nothing he wears more than this jacket! It's knit in double moss stitch with two threads of Lanett held together, which makes a nice a fabric. It's a Sandnesgarn pattern from the mid-90s, but I remember that it was later reprinted in Lanett Baby Book 0412 in 2004 (but shown in awful colours).

The hood is too big and the chrocheted edge is very - uhm - heavy, and I had obviously not heard of mattress stitch at the time, and the sleeves aren't really meant to be flared, but for early autumn everyday wear, this is still a great baby jacket! Jens wears this a lot when he sleeps outside in his pram, which perhaps explains the yawning and general grumpiness he's showing in these photos that I took before his nap, not after!

1 comment:

Fuglemamma said...

He´s adorable, and the jacket is too, I agree that the stitch pattern is very nice and I love the pom poms.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...