Friday, October 07, 2011

etsy friday: things made with echino fabrics

It must be two years now since I bought this dress for Nene, in the fall of 2009 when I planned to post regularly about etsy finds, but then my computer crashed. I bought it from Allthenumbers, since moved to The Measure. It's a great little peasant dress, that is still wearable as a tunic, even though she's had it for two years. But what I really fell for was the fabric with its whimsical images of deer and zebras and butterflies combined with stylized trees and bright colours. I didn't know it then, but it's a design by a very popular Japanese textile designer Etsuko Furuya, who designs a range of fabrics, called Echino, for Kokka Japan. You can see more Echino designs here.

Here's the shop photo from The Measure, so you can see what it looks like when it's ironed :-)


When I started searching etsy for more items made with Echino fabrics, I was astonished to find that a few were already in my possession. It turned out that some of my favorite etsy finds were actually made with echino fabrics:

My knitting needle organizer from Granny's Closet


My knitting pouch from ZigZagStitches


My little elephant pouch from Simbiosis , and last but not least this diaper bag that I ordered yesterday from Melle Belle Shop. Can't wait to see it in person!

and this Christmas stocking from Kathi's Christmas is my all time favorite in its category - too bad we don't have that tradition:



2 comments:

Ulla said...

Beautiful fabric. I have exactly the same echino with zebras stashed

Fuglemamma said...

I just love the needle organizer. Such a beautiful fabric and cut in such a great way to show it off.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...