Wednesday, October 27, 2010

ofelia

my main project these days is Helga Isager's 60s sweater, and I love it, but that fisherman's rib requires focus and attention, so I cast on for another project today, to have something easier when that's required. I decided to take the black Isager Tvinni from my first ribbed isager fiasco, and use for it for something good. I considered Helga Isager's 80s sweater, but finally opted for a safer choice, Elsa Schjellerup's Ofelia for design.club.dk. Safer because I've knit it before and know it's good pattern, and safe because it works with my body type and not against it, like a wide and typical straight 80s design would. Ofelia, with its 350 stitches with fingering weight yarn and 2,5mm needles, is a long and tedious knit, but the result is so rewarding. I have worn my teal Ofelia more than any other garment I've ever knit.  

In other news, I wore Celtic to work today and got lots of compliments, so maybe it wasn't a complete failure after all. I also went to my LYS to buy dye and ask for advice, but was told that you can't dye wool. That's the stupidest thing I've heard in a while, I mean how did they dye that wool in the first place???

2 comments:

Paxplass said...

Hei!

Ja, disse koppene og flere til vil bli lagt ut for salg i nettbutikken. Jeg har inne kopper fra tre kunstnere: Anna Östberg, Randi Selstad og Lillann Svendsrud. Dersom en ønsker å bestille før nettbutikken har åpnet, ta kontakt så kan jeg sende bilde av det jeg har inne på mail. heidi@paxplass.no

Hilsen Heidi

Paxplass said...

Hei, nå er nettbutikken åpnet. Du kan ta en titt på de koppene jeg har inne:)

www.paxplass.no



Hilsen Heidi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...