Sunday, June 06, 2010

big bad noro finished - for now at least

with summer approaching, what could be more fitting than finishing a heavy wool garment...it seems to me I always finish my winter sweaters in the summer!

Big bad noro is a design by blogger Lemonfresh, but like I said before the instructions were more a brief sketch than an actual pattern, so there's been a lot of ripping out and trying again. I used Noro Silk Garden in colorway#34, which I believe is discontinued. I only had 10 balls so I ran out of yarn, which explains the short sleeves. I thought that would be ok, because I always wear my sleeves pushed-up anyway, but seeing it done I'm not so sure. I really like the long narrow sleeves and cuffs that mirror the shawl collar in the original design, so I think Ill try to track down another skein or two at Ravelry. So I guess it's not completely finished!

What really drew me to this design was its cleverness in showcasing the wonderful Noro color transition by combining narrow pieces.


3 comments:

randi K design said...

Denne jakken ble flott!!! Jeg må innrømme at jeg aldri har strikket i Noro, selv om butikken er full av det. Kanskje jeg burde prøve det for neste prosjekt...

Tina J. said...

It looks beautiful to me. And I like the short sleeves too!

Jillian said...

Nice work. I love the color transitions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...