Tuesday, March 02, 2010

a really long scarf

a really really long scarf, as requested by the little lady.

It's Karen Baumer's multi directional diagonal scarf, which I have knit once before when I wanted to make the best of an ombré effect yarn. I used a Kauni yarn this time. I know a lot of knitters love this yarn, but I was a bit disappointed with it. The thickness of the yarn varied a lot in the same skein. The middle part was a lot thinner than the rest of the skein, and in parts the yarn was so brittle that it kept breaking. Furthermore I didn't think all the color transitions were all that great - I expected ombre effect all over but in some places the colors went quite abruptly from pink to brown. I have one more skein, which I might use for a matching hat and mittens for her next year.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...