Monday, November 09, 2009

past and present knitting

I was making good progress on MIL's Mermaid, until I reached the second last wedge, where I ran out of yarn. Unsure about how to proceed, it's been sitting in my knitting basket for weeks. I think I know what to do now, so I plan to pick it up again this week.

While Mermaid was in hibernation, I spent appr 100 hours on 2x3 ribbing with fingering weight yarn, and completed all the pieces for En Kort og Lang Second Edition.

I also spent quite a bit of money on two extra skeins of yarn for this (a-hem) knit-from-stash-project. Then I spent the remainder of my sanity on seaming it, until I had to face reality: It won't come together. The pieces don't fit. I now have a complete set of parts for a brown silk sweater in addition to half the parts for a black wool one, and neither of them will ever become wearable.

I'll have to find a way to rescue that yarn. In the year 2020.

Tomorrow I'll show you my present comfort knitting project, an perhaps my next in line. I don't mean to hold back, but I'm blogging from a hotel room with a slow dial up, so I can't be bothered to upload more photos (they do have free wireless connection in this hotel, but I couldn't find out how to use it :embarrased:)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...