Saturday, November 21, 2009

my new shop

epla.no is a new Norwegian site for handmade, which was launched on 16th of November. I decided to give it a try, and I'm so happy I did, because it's going really well. This is my epla shop. I was particularly happy to see some Norwegian etsy friends open shop there, such as dalinda/plonka, portemone /portemone and Strand/ strandRedesign. Nicole of plaskdesign has opened a soap shop, and that - which you will know if you read my previous post about handmade soap - is something I welcome with great enthusiasm!

this is their BEAUTIFUL Christmas shopping banner, which includes not one, but two, marieflyfly necklaces :-D

At first my intention was to list only a few things on epla, just to keep my name there, and try to minimise the hassle of keeping two full shops. But it's going surprisingly well, much better than my first week on etsy back in 2007, in fact it's going better than the present week on etsy. So I have some thinking to do. The fact that the first week went well, doesn't mean that the next weeks will go well too, but it's certainly interesting to track what sells in which venue. For the time being I'm keeping the same pieces in both shops, but in the future I might want to tailor the inventory to the venue. I might also list some things on epla that I hesitate to list on etsy, because I found that someone else had already listed very similar items there.

4 comments:

Eddy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eddy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Siddis-in-houston said...

Så flott at du liker Epla, og at du gjør det bra der. Min butikk er "Mamma sin butikk" velkommen til en titt hos meg!

Eddy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...