Friday, November 20, 2009

etsy friday: unique jewelry

I'm continuing my Etsy Friday series, as my special Christmas shopping service to you. These are Etsy shops that I have personally tried out for you (it's such a sacrifice, but I'd do anything for my blog readers :-D), and I can vouch for their quality and service and allround greatness. Once in a while I might point you to a shop I haven't actually tried, but am drooling over and find worthy of a mention.

The top picture shows my new favorite necklace, and it's from 3squares. It's a beautiful collage in a brass setting, so unique and extremely well made, and I wear it constantly. There are loads of jewelry shops on etsy, and you'd be forgiven for getting a lot of us all mixed up, but I think 3squares stands apart with jewelry that is truly unique. Go have a look at this, this or this. My personal favorites are this and this. I bought another necklace too, that I will show you some other time, because I need to take a picture of it first. Jean of 3squares is also a super nice and friendly seller, whose customer service is stellar.

The bambi necklace in the second picture is from emedemarta and was actually bought last year. I just haven't gotten around to blogging about it yet, but it's still available in her shop. Nene (6) isn't quite convinced that this necklace is mine, not hers! It's fabulous in person too, and I have worn it a lot. Marta makes beautiful little frame purses too, just check this out. This too is a wonderful seller with high quality items and customer service.

Third is a necklace called Orbit Girl from Marmar. The seller, Mark Poulin, describes her as a "girl who knows where the action is. She may be spacey, but she sure is cute." So cute in fact, that I have bought her twice as a Christmas gift - once as a gift from Nene to her teenager cousin, and once for a friend of mine who is in her late thirties, and Orbit Girl was perfect for both.There seems to be a lot of new stuff in his shop this year - this charm bracelet is too cute, and there's a whole section of little charm necklaces, I'm guessing they're smaller versions of the other necklaces. If so I might just have to buy a third Orbit Girl, for Nene this time!

* if you write "etsy" in the search box up there in the left hand corner, you should be able to find all my etsy friday posts.

6 comments:

rachellucie said...

great post, and gorgeous jewellery! I particularly love Jean's work - and her fab names eg 'fetuccini' pendant. So unique! I'm going to check out the other shops too.

Rachel
http://rachellucie.etsy.com

Metalicious said...

These are come of my favorites! I love 3squares work!

Little bug jewelry/Jane said...

Jean of 3Squares does amazing work, nice finds!

O V Gillies said...

Love Jean's work - it is so unique! Bambi necklace is adorable!

http://ovgilliesdesigns.etsy.com

DG Jewelry Designs said...

3squares is a talented jewelry designer. Great items in her shop. (stoutdg2)

Erika Price said...

Great post, featuring some wonderful designers! Isn't Bambi adorable? And I would love to find that pendant from 3Squares in my Christmas stocking :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...