Thursday, May 14, 2009

hello there



Nene: Mommy, Hello Kitty needs socks

Me: Can't we just call her Kitty? Hello Kitty sounds funny

Nene ((:rolls eyes in teenager like manner:): Hello, it's English! Is it Norwegian?

Me: I guess not

- anyway, she needs socks

- but she's a cat. Cats dont' wear socks

- Hello, she's not a cat. She's a stuffed toy. Duh. Does she talk?

- eh, no, I guess not

- that's why she's a toy. She not alive. And she's freezing. She needs socks. Is she warm?

- no, Socrates

- is my name Socrates? No.

-right. Maybe she can borrow some socks from your doll?

- no, her feet are too big, and they're completely round. She needs special socks

- I suppose she could wear your baby socks

- were my baby feet round? Were they big? No

- eh, I guess they weren't. But you had some baby mittens that were round-ish. Maybe she can use them as socks?

- are mittens socks?

- something tells me they're not

- Mummy, Hello Kitty's round feet are cold, and you need to knit round socks for her. And a dress. And a hat. And mittens

- maybe a small shawl will be a better fit for her un-babylike shape?

- are shawls hats? (:looking exasperated:)

- is my knitting time precious??

3 comments:

Hege said...

Hun ble søt da ;)

ArtMind said...

Aww, I'm sure you have two very happy girls in your home now! :)

Theresa said...

You're such a good mommy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...