Thursday, January 22, 2009

unadventurous

I started another new project last week, when I needed something to knit on a flight, and I happened to find a ball of Kidsilk Haze in a box. My fourth Birch, yes, I know, I'm probably the least adventurous and most product oriented knitter on the internet. But they are hands down my all time favorite knit garments for, I'm almost ashamed to say it, actual wearing in my everyday routine. These days when I cast on for Birch because I need something easy for knitting on planes and buses, it's hard to imagine that it was once the most challenging project I had every tried and a big victory to finish. I'm doing the garter stich version again, and the color I believe is called cocoa. This color is very similar to the new brown alpaca I whined about the other day, and when I rummaged through my stash looking for more alpaca I also came across a ball of Debbie Bliss Pure Silk in the exact same color. I must have been on a mission to find the perfect brown yarn at some forgotten time in the past. Anyway, I suddenly I remembered what that lonely ball of KSH was for: I was going to knit a scarf with alternating stripes of Pure Silk and KSH, in a fibonacci sequense. I guess it's back to the yarn shop again if I want to use that Pure Silk.

Why is it that every time I try to knit from stash I end up buying more yarn??

1 comment:

Kate said...

Knitting from Stash and ending up buying more yarn? I feel your pain.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...