Saturday, December 27, 2008

bunad



Nene and I in our bunads on Christmas eve (Nene's bunad). My embroidered linen shirt isn't ready, but there's really only two regular days a year these outfits are worn, Chrismas eve is one, Constitution Day on May 17th is the next, so I wasn't going to let the shirt issue stop me. The solution was to buy a simple, unadorned cotton bunad shirt just for the occasion, and then spend some (not much) time rationalising this decision (I really don' have anything to wear, my closet is practically EMPTY, so I would have had to buy a new outfit anyway. REALLY. I would.)

I'm not completely happy with the fit, so I'm taking it back for some adjustments. But I love the colors of the embroidery paired with the color of the bodice. You can't really see much detail in these poor flash pictures, but they'll have to do for now. I will take some detail shots later, on a nice and bright but overcast day - but they are far between this time of year.

7 comments:

ArtMind said...

Can't wait to see some close up's of the embroidery some time.
They sure look good and it looks like Nene is just delighted with it!
Hope you had a wonderful X-mas.

Pinneguri said...

Så fine dere er :)

The binge knitter said...

They are so beautiful, the embroidery looks absolutely stunning!

Holly said...

You both look really amazing. That's a lot of work! Makes it worth the 2 days a year. Well done.

Theresa said...

Åååå, så fine dere (og bunadene) er!

Cathrines blogg said...

Veldig fine bunader!!!
Ønsker dere et riktig godt nytt år!!

Storjägarn´ said...

Så vackra folkdräkter. :-) Dom kan man ha vilken högtid som helst.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...