Saturday, July 19, 2008

my next project

I'm working on my red plissé cardigan, and making good progress (pictures later, maybe tomorrow) (or some other day). Nene (4) saw me working on it, and asked if I could knit a red cardi for her too. I thought that was a splendid idea, especially as I have frogged the pink one I started way back in the stone ages, and immediately decided I wanted to use my favorite alpaca yarn from SandnesGarn. I couldn't think of a kids pattern I wanted to do, so decided to visit my LYS to have a look at their (=SandnesGarn) books. This is usually the last place I go to look for inspiration or good patterns, so I was pleasantly surprised when I found a pattern I liked immediately, and not only did it have a pleated edge, just like my Plissé cardi, but it was even designed for the alpaca yarn I had already decided on. I'm struggling very hard to fight the startitis now!

Here are the official photos of our pleated cardis, except I'm making both red:

2 comments:

Elisabeth (www.tostrup.net/blog) said...

Utrolig fine prosjekter synes jeg ;)

nicole said...

Adorable!

I admire your resolve. I would have cast-on as soon as I got home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...