Friday, July 25, 2008

arts and crafts in the old scullery



I’m a bit late posting this, but I wanted to share some photos from an arts & crafts shop (in Norwegian: Bryggerhuset i Brekkestø) that Nene and I visited last week. It’s only open in the summer, and uses the old scullery rooms of an old grocery shop. The scullery rooms have absurdly low ceilings and thick walls for modern people, but it just adds to the charm of the place. They sell art, pottery, jewellery, handknits, felted hats and accessories, rope fenders and other nautical rope stuff – all handmade. Nene loves it there, and while I talked to my cousin who is a participant (she makes pottery), Nene spent the time well, adorning herself with the felted hats and corsage flowers on display.







3 comments:

*Michelle* said...

That pottery with the barnacles is fantastic!!!

Beth S. said...

I agree, the barnacle pottery is absolutely stunning!

Someday I will make it to Norway and see all this gorgeousness for myself. :-)

smileull said...

Vi har et par rur-boller på hytta :-) Og i sommer kjøpte jeg en nydelig, rød og hvit fillerye på Bryggerhuset! Jeg er så utrolig glad for at de har satt det så fint i stand etter de årene det har ligget brakk!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...