Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Knitting blog resuscitation

it seems to me that a lot of knitting blogs, my own included, have gone awful quiet lately. I don't know what's up with everybody else, but I know I don't spend much time knitting anymore, mainly because I've been spending a lot of time setting up my etsy shop. But I want to keep my hobby,
and my knitting blog. So I cast on for a sock the other day. Because every great journey starts with a small step, or something like that :-)

It's a commuter sock, because my workplace moved and I was going to spend 2 x 30 minutes a day on the bus. Or so I thought. Then I dicovered the express bus, so that means I might not be knitting so much on that sock after all. The yarn is Socks that Rock (my first!), in the Henpecked colourway. The colours are just as beautiful and saturated as I expected. Isn't it fascinating how such incredibly
beautiful yarn can make such an ugly sock?



Starting tonight, I'll be spending my etsy (shopping) time on Celtic instead. This is my progress on the second front piece:

8 comments:

lynette said...

i must correct you!!! your sock is lovely and that color is knitting up beautifully.

congratulations on your etsy shop. i'm going to take a peek now.

Ursula said...

Same here! Your sock is looking really nice... good enough to get me, an adamant no-sock-knitter, to go pick up some sock yarn...

Oh, and I'm not blogging much at all these days. Gifts on the needles and not much time left. And Ravelry :)

brooke said...

Beautiful progress on Celtic. Off to look at the shop!

nicole said...

Well, I wouldn't use the word ugly, but I do understand what you mean about variegated yarn looking so much better in the skein than knit up.

Celtic is beautiful. Tweedy yarns never disappoint when knit up.

MagFly said...

I'm knitting, but spends my blogging time in a car.

Our new computer is in the mail. I guess that will be a new start on my blogging.

Sheila said...

good work on the celtic! I've abandoned mine in favor of the Tangled Yoke cardi.... and I so love your etsy items! once I narrow it down to a *few* items I will place an order.

KnitYoga said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing Celtic as a FO. It's lovely! I've also been looking in your etsy shop and that five strand coral bracelet is gorgeous! I think it would also look very dramatic as a choker/necklace.

Beth S. said...

Those tweedy cables are absolutely delicious! I can't wait for you to finish that sweater.

If you don't like the plain sock, try a little bit of stitch patterning with it. That particular colorway seems to behave differently than other STR for some reason--I have seen other Henpecked socks with thick stripes in them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...