Wednesday, October 24, 2007

daisy shawl





Nene has requested a shawl, so she can look grown up, and much to my delight she chose the exact skein of Claudia's Handpainted in pinks, greens and white that I hoped she would choose. I bought it online, and when it arrived it looked nothing like its picture. I was really disappointed, but it's a good yarn and Nene loves it, so we're both happy. I am making a child size version of Sharon Miller's Daisy shawl, which is a free pattern. Inspired by (or is copying the correct term?) Steph's gorgeous version I too omitted the diamond pattern, to let the daisies do the decoration job all by themselves. Nene seems to like it, or perhaps she would prefer a hat?

6 comments:

Mama Urchin said...

What a fun idea, a child size shawl.

Anne said...

Seems like there's something in the air at the moment - I'm in the middle of a kiddy shawl for Ruth at the moment - and yes, it's got daisies in it too...

Janette said...

That's just lovely, as is little Nene.

Marie, who made your gorgeous blog header? I think you mentioned it a way back, but cannot remember where.

Allyson said...

I know exactly what you mean about that particular colorway. I also ordered it online and it's just not what I thought it would be. I started a pair of socks with it, but simply couldn't imagine ever wearing them. But you've given me a great idea. My daughter would love a shawl!

nicole said...

It's the perfect colour for your little one. I can't wait to see her modeling the finished product!

Beth S. said...

Nene is such a cutie. :-) And she has great taste in yarn, too. I hope she treasures that pretty shawl long after she's outgrown it! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...