Thursday, August 02, 2007

Vintage knitting patterns

My friend who lives in a Book Town came to visit the other day, and brought me a collection of vintage knitting patterns from the book town - it's a treasure! There are patterns from the fifties through the eighties, some are classic, and some are - uhm - not so classy. I'll show you a small selection, starting with the lovely, classic ones:



- some cute childrens patterns that would still work. I think the Dale pattern with the fish is particularly interesting, because it's obviously very old, and yet so similar to their modern baby patterns with ladybugs, fish, bears and what not.



- and I have to show you this because it reminds me so of my mother's outfits in the seventies:



- and here's a pattern I've been looking for for a long time. It's very similar to my dad's ski sweater, except his version is three shades of grey, which I think looks a lot better. It's forty years old, and he still wears it for skiing, it's a fantastic garment.



Knut, is that you?



- and last but not least the designs that makes you avert your eyes and cry WHY!?

3 comments:

Kate said...

I love vintage patterns. Isn't that little girl in the pink frock just adorable? I really miss "You Knit What??" - those patterns at the end would be prime candidates.

Beth S. said...

I guess Norway didn't completely escape the plague of Fun Fur after all. ;-) But at least you seem to have gotten over it more quickly than the rest of the world...

Riggwelter said...

I love vintage patterns, the pink dress is adorable...the last 2 are brilliant, surely no-one actually wasted good yarn on them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...