Sunday, April 15, 2007

Mookaite beads for Project Spectrum





I have been frantically looking for a way to use the current Project Spectrum colours, which is a big challenge for me as the only colour I dislike more than yellow is pink...I could go with all green projects of course, but I joined PS to challenge myself to use colour, not to avoid any, so here it goes - the closest thing to yellow and pink I'll ever wear: Mookaite. Mookaite is a type of jasper found in Australia. It displays beautiful warm shades of (mostly I must admit!) reddish-browns, white, and little splashes of golden yellow and mauvey-pinks mixed in broad patterns. In my stash I had mookaite rounds in three sizes. I pulled them out and sorted out the yellows and pinks and a handful of red beads too. When I added silver daisy spacers and metal beads there was enough to make a necklace. I made a matching pair of earrings, but they are in the warm red colour that is dominant in moukaite.

8 comments:

HPNY Knits said...

I love the shot of the beads waiting their orders, in a bit of a confused state......

Beth S. said...

I've never heard of moukaite before, but clearly it's only a matter of time before it becomes a Socks that Rock colorway. ;-)

Beth said...

The finished necklace is absolutely beautiful!

Mumintroll said...

The necklace is so wonderful

Dipsy said...

Oh, this looks absolutely beautiful - I so love the colors! This is a real piece of art!

Hilde said...

hei marie - har du slaat deg paa smykkekunsten naa? Hva tid skal du aapne butikk? Og hvordan gaar det med deg? mao vmhep er i spania naa

Ninne said...

Så nydelige smykker du har laget!
Ha en finfin helg!
:)

Lensom said...

Nyydelige smykker, ha en finfin søndag ;)l

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...