Saturday, March 17, 2007

Swallowtail II



Some hurried pictures of MIL's birthday present. I sat up knitting into the wee hours last night, and put in three more hours this morning. It was finished around noon, soaked and pinned out an hour later, finished blocking around three, some quick photos were taken and then the shawl was wrapped up and off we went to the birhtday party :puh:

It's the Swallowtail Shawl from Interweave Knits, in Isager's Tvinni Alpaca. I knit an extra two repeats because I thought the last Swallowtail I made was a bit small. Adding two repeats in the Budding Lace section messed up the numbers in the Lily of the Valley section, which is why I had a hard time meeting the deadline. I had to constantly tweak the pattern to make it come together, so all in all this was not my best knitting idea. I was surprised to see that the bigger version used the same amount of yarn as the smaller. I used 50 gram of Tvinni Alpaca and had 1 meter yarn left!





22 comments:

brooke said...

Wow, your MIL is lucky-this is gorgeous!

Mama Urchin said...

Really beautiful. A lovely gift.

jacqueline said...

wow! that is stunning! the alpaca really looks lovely in this pattern

HPNY Knits said...

wow! this is amazing. and in alpaca! I bet it is like a cloud. its fantastic!

nicole said...

Such a lucky friend! That is really beautiful.

Elisabeth said...

oh yum!! I love that shawl, already knit it twice! but now I wonder why I didn't have any problems when knitting the first, since I accidentally knit too few repeats of the first pattern? Must have hit the lucky number i guess... your MIL is very lucky to have you knitting gifts for her!

britt said...

Smukt, smukt, smukt!! Og så kun 50 gram - sikke en let og lækker skønhed. Meget heldig svigermor!
KH Britt

Supernøtt said...

Fabelaktig sjal, helt nydelig :-D Heldige MIL!

Janette said...

Marie, that's beautiful. Lucky MIL.

Holly said...

Looks absolutely amazing!! You knit so fast. I'm impressed by how quick you do a complicated project. Well done.

karen said...

you must be nothing but the perfect DIL!! That is such a thoughtful and beautiful gift! That subtle green is fantastic! and the alpaca looks so vibrant, shining and drapey! You are truly a knitting wizzard(ess)!!!

MagFly said...

Lekkert! Rekna med ho vart fornøgd.

Anonymous said...

Fiiiiint sjal:-) Ønsker deg ei god ny uke med masse tid til Nene og pinnene! Klem fra Fuglemamma www.fuglemamma.sprayblogg.no

TinaMAndersen said...

Det er et utrolig smukt sjal du har strikket.

Ninne said...

Nå har jeg kost meg lenge i bloggen din med alt det lekre håndarbeidet du har laget. Utsøkt er vel det mest treffende ordet jeg kommer på i farten. Jeg kommer garantert tilbake!

joy said...

gorgeous!!!

Kathleen said...

Beautiful. Such a delicate colour too.

Maartje said...

It`s beautiful!

nonaKnits said...

What a beautiful shawl and a lovely gift. Even if you had to struggle adapting the pattern, there is no evidence of that struggle in the flowing pattern.

sonja poor said...

Your shawl is beautiful. Truly. I don't know what all you had to do to make those extra rows work, but it worked wonderfully. Great job! I love it.

Kirsten said...

It is beautiful Marie! You've got me thinking about this pattern agian! Hmmm, I've got the perfect yarn waiting in the stash.

Felisi said...

Sjalet ble aldeles nydelig, for en fantastisk gave! Regner med at mottaker ble fornøyd :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...