Monday, February 05, 2007

Project Spectrum grey white blue

I don't wear any of the first three Project Spectrum colors much, so I thought I would be bored with the whole thing before it even started. Then I looked around the room. Sitting in my blue chair I looked at the grey wall and remembered all the work, and inspiration, that went into mixing the perfect deep thunder blue- grey colour. It was inspired by the winter sky over the local beaches. I realised that all of my favorite landscapes and favorite towns share the grey, blue and white palette. Grey wall, blue chairs, grey chairs, white flowers, blue glassware and ceramics are also the things I love that surround me in my home. How is it possible to have favorite colors and not even know it!?

I have a couple of new projects planned in those colors, but I'll probably not get around to them just yet. One is a pair of socks in Lornas colourway Sand Ridge. The other is an aran sweater for BF. It's a recent SandnesGarn pattern. Sorry about the tiny picture, but it was the only one I could find.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

HPNY Knits said...

lovely collection of PS2 frist round of colors!

uhoava gnu said...

Beautiful pictures! Just beautiful everything.

Hilde C. said...

I thought the same as you when I saw the first round of colours in PS2. When I see the wonderful pictures you've assembled, I know I was wrong. Your pictures are really beautiful and inspiring :-)

Mama Urchin said...

Grey, white, and blue together always remind me of Scandinavia. I love that yarn, I can't wait to see it knit up.

Anonymous said...

Takk for koselig blogg-kommentar. Det garnet er bare helt nydelig:-)Hilsen Fuglemamma www.fuglemamma.sprayblogg.no

Anna said...

Wonderful colors on your Lornas Lace! and a very nice collection of photos!

Hilde said...

nydelige bilder, marie, du ser jo ut som om du lager garnbrosjyrer alerede!! (var jeg dale el rauma garn ville jeg snappet deg:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...