Saturday, February 10, 2007

Celtic, mistake in cable chart

Every now and then I get an e-mail from a knitter who wants to know if I found a mistake in the Celtic cable chart from Rowan Magazine 40, and how to correct it. Yes, there is a mistake in the chart. After a discussion with a (blogless?) knitter called Sheila, she kindly sent me a copy of a mail she got from Rowan, and here's what they say about it:

"Unfortunately there is a print error on the key for this pattern and the upside down black triangle should be inc 2 purlwise. The dec 7 uses 7 sts but actually dec's 6 sts"

4 comments:

Janis said...

You made my day! I tried everything and thought that I was going crazy. I even checked the errata on Rowan magazine 40 but they didn't have that up there. I owe you one.

Elizabeth said...

LIFESAVER!

*many knitter-hugs!*

twistedspinner said...

You have made my day! This is the kind of thing that makes me nuts! Thank you!

Caroline Grimstone said...

Thank you so much!!!- I've been online for hours trying to find help on this pattern. I just wish Rowan would include the errata with the online pattern.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...