Thursday, January 11, 2007

Six Weird Things Meme

Felisi tagged me for the 6 Weird Things About You Meme.

1. I have never had my hair dyed.
2. I can't tell left from right. I have to stop and think, and check where my watch is. Every time. Perhaps related to this is the fact that I have no sense of direction. If I walk down a street and enter a shop, I will have forgotten which direction I was heading when I come back outside.
3. I don't understand detective movies/tv series. Before five minutes I will have lost track of who's who, can't tell the actors apart, don't get the plot, don't understand the things that are not said, can't tell the good guys from the bad guys, basically I'm completely lost. NYPD Blue is my worst nightmare of a show. This is a bit strange because I used to be into movies the way I'm into knitting today, and watched all the artsy movies and read all the articles in Sight & Sound and I didn't have this problems with any other movies. There is an exeption to this rule: If a mystery story is really complex, like the Usual Suspects, I will actually get it. I suspect focus and concentration has something to do with it.
4. My crafts teacher thought I was hopeless, and I got very low grades in crafts class. I particularly remember 8th grade when I did not manage to finish a simple stockinette vest we had to make, but was knitting fair isle during recess. I think she basically got it right though, and I am nervous for the knit bloggers to find out too.
5. I obsess over the little things, but have made some major life choices basically based on intuition, with no pondering, and no obsessing. It's weird that I'm able to go with the flow like that, because I'm really not a spontaneous person.
6. I am terrified of bees, wasps and bumble bees, but have never actually been stung by one. I claim it's fear of the unknown!

In knitting news, I finished the Caudia cardi tonight, and a necklace, got some fabulous sock yarn in the mail, and will start a little shawl with an even more fabulous sock yarn as soon as I have the Anika sweater finished too. Pictures later of all those things!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...