Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Pink Lady





Nene has been wearing her new Anika sweater constantly since I finished it a couple of days ago, and I've been waiting for an opportunity to take pictures. Ideal conditions would include bright natural light, happy and cooperative child and clean sweater. As ketchup stains were rapidly increasing, I decided it was now or never for that photo shoot so I had to make do with low afternoon light, cranky child and the aforementioned ketchup stains. In an attempt to get a decent picture of the wavy edge detail I had to resort to my daylight therapy lamp for light. It's far from perfect, but a lot better than using a flash. Before you ask what's with the broom, the santa straw and wearing a hat indoors, I have no idea! She's three, and this is her idea of an elegant pose!
Spec
Pattern: Anika by DesignClub.dk
Yarn: Bånnsullgarn 3-ply merino colour 23
Started 28 September 2006
Finished 21 January 2007
Comments: After reading these tips I made the body a bit longer and the sleeves a bit shorter. I used a heavier yarn than specified in the pattern but didn't change the stitch number, so the sweater is a bit on the big side for my 3 yr old, but definitely wearable. This is a very good pattern for a quick sweater for a child, I will definitely knit it again. The wavy edge detail adds enough interest to distuingish it from all the other basic rib sweaters, and knitting body and sleeves together on one circular for the raglan seams is the only sensible way to do a raglan sweater in my opinion. What is it with those patterns that have you sew the raglan seams?? But I digress. Fru Schwartz has a good photo of her Anika where you can see the details better than in my pictures. I didn't knit the wavy edge on smaller needles, which apparently GrenDesign did, and I think perhaps I should have.

17 comments:

britt said...

Hvor er den bare fin!! Jeg kan godt forstå at hun er lykkelig for den skønne pink sag! Jeg skal helt sikkert også strikke modellen igen - den er skøn!
KH Britt

hege said...

Adorable in hot pink! She looks beautiful in her sweater. Great scarf, too!

HPNY Knits said...

pretty in pink! with kids I find simple is always better. it looks cosy and lovely on.

Beth S. said...

Her cheeks are as pink as the sweater! :-)

It's extra-cute paired with the scarf.

Mama Urchin said...

She looks darling. I am definitely looking into this pattern.

Mumintroll said...

She looks so lovely in her pink sweater.

JanHughes said...

I just love this pattern, & am going to try to figure it out from the pictures - unless you know of a place where the pattern's available in English? If so, please advise, thanks!

Jan

karen said...

fantastic sweater and fantastic little princess!!

strikkeforsker said...

Very beautiful, I love the colour.
Yes knitting in the round is the only proper way to do raglan ;-)

jacqueline said...

omg she is way too cute and the sweater is adorable!

you are going to have to lock her up when she becomes a teenager!

Ingrid said...

Det er en kjempefin genser, og jeg synes det var artig at du har strikket den i 3-tr, blir litt mer passelig for norske vinterforhold da. Godt å ha noe å vokse i også:-)

Tittei said...

Nydelig genser. ~~~:o)
Masse fint å kikke på i bloggen din. Spiral Scarf ble kjempefint med rettstrikk. Ser ut som høstblader når det krøller seg slik.

Poshyarns said...

Oh it's gorgeous, such a great colour, I love her pose, small children have such definite ideas on style.

Janette said...

Too cute Marie! I think it looks lovely the way you have knitted it.

Nora said...

Gorgeous!!

Christina said...

Har du en e-mail man kan skrive til?

Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...