Sunday, December 17, 2006

Sørlandet

More pictures from my recent trips to Sørlandet, where most of the old wooden houses are painted white, they are well preserved, have pretty doors and small paned windows. Very picturesque.

I didn't buy any yarn this time, but found some other interesting craft shops. Lappekjelleren in Lillesand is a tiny, very charming, quilt shop. I don't know the first thing about quilting, but have heard from people that do that it's quite good. I was looking for fabric for Nene's advent calendar, and hoping to find a table runner, but they were more or less out of advent stuff. But they did have a small, but interesting, selection of beads. Bought some, and will be back. I found more beads in Kristiansand at Beads, which is not part of a chain, so they too had a more interesting selection than the major beads shops in Norway. But it was small.


4 comments:

hege said...

It's so beautiful. I can just imagine the houses lit up with candles at night...

KnitYoga said...

Lovely! Really quaint and picturesque!

randi K design said...

Nydelig, jeg faar hjemlengsel!

Poshyarns said...

Oh how lovely it looks, really makes me want to visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...