Tuesday, October 10, 2006

2 mm bamboo dpns

are great for making a child enthusiastic about eating her veggies. But they're no good for knitting! I bought a set of 2 mm bamboo dpns and a set of the cutest little 5 inch birch needles, all intended for sock knitting, this summer. The first needle snapped before 10 minutes had passed, and an hour later there was a fracture in the second. It was infuriating at first, but I realised that I probably wouldn't have used them much anyway. I like my sock needles a bit slippery, so the bamboo and birch were soon replaced with super smooth addi turbos, while the wooden ones got a new life in the kitchen drawer. Nene is actually asking for more veggies now that they're served on knitting needles!

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

LOL! What a wonderful use for unwanted needles. I wonder if my 12 and 15 year olds will fall for it?

Anonymous said...

He he:-) Jeg elsker mine 2 mm bambuspinner jeg - synes jeg får mye mindre vondt i skuldrene og hendene når jeg strikker med dem enn vanlige 2 mm pinner. Og mine har, bank i bordet, klart seg helberget gjennom en rekke prosjekter alt;-) Men når det er sagt - å få ungene til å spise det vi vil er kanskje en enda større oppgave... Ha en fin tirsdag! Hilsen Fuglemamma www. fuglemamma.sprayblogg.no

karen said...

That's one clever mom - and such a cute girl! I love that kind of "recycling"!!

strikkeforsker said...

What a great idea!
wooden 2 mm needles are almost too fragile

aija said...

I snapped 2 brittany birch 2.0mm needles (5" length) too... I didn't think I was doing anythig "wrong" with them, but who knows.

Brittany sent me 4 replacements, but I'm dragging my feet re: using them again, I love the length for toddler socks, but hated the feel of them crunching in my hands.

Inger said...

Det e`kje pent å lure små barn...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...