Monday, August 14, 2006

Safety scarf

I am working on a scarf for Nene (2), started this weekend.

Nene has been pestering me about making her a pink scarf, and cannot wait for colder days. She has a thing about scarves these days, and will play pretend with any piece of string, yarn, rope, a belt, a tape measure, basically anything she can wrap around her neck. It's making me very nervous, and Dale's chicken scarf seemed like a very safe alternative, because it's short and doesn't have to be tied! And cute.

It's a Dale Baby Ull pattern (book 139), but I'm using leftover Baby Silk (baby alpaca-silk blend) from Swing Thing. I felt so good about myself for using leftovers, especially as it is a quite pricey yarn. Actually it was only the first ball that was a leftover. I had to buy two more balls. Not my brightest moment.

5 comments:

Mama Urchin said...

I've been thinking about making a no-tie scark for my daughter too (three years) and that duck one is super cute. Is it going to be a pink duck?

Joan said...

Oh my gosh, that's adorable!

Anne said...

Super sweet scarf, and a hole lot safer than a belt ;-)
I must look for that Dale book, the scarf could be a lovely present for all the tiny kids I know!

Kate said...

I know exactly what you mean - I'll knit this to use up stash. Oh, I've run out of yarn. Better go to the LYS. Same thing happened with the Italian Bolero thingie.

Thanks for your support over the WRS fiasco. My heart was definitely in my mouth.

Poshyarns said...

Hmmm, I know that way of using up left over yarn and actually ending up with more... Looks gorgeous though and the colour is lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...