Monday, August 07, 2006

Late to the party

but I was waiting for the perfect colourway.



Apparently pomatomus means blue fish, often vicious, so i have been looking for some vibrant turqouise-aqua-blue-green and poisonous colours, and I wanted copper/bronze for contrast. I tend to fall for all kinds of blue-brown colour combinations. This colourway includes pink and yellow too, which at first I didn't want, but I think it gives it just the right poisonous sting!

Feet resting on the handle bar of a great bicycle, wearing new hand knit socks, a beautiful fjord and the mountains in the background - I just realised this photo sums up the last two weeks of my vacation pretty well.

Spec

Pattern: Pomatomus from Knitty
Yarn: Koigu KPPPM 326
Started 11 June 2006
Finished 3 August 2006

6 comments:

Philippa said...

They're great! I hadn't seen any Pomatomus in such variegated yarn, but it works really well. They are lovely colours together.

What a wonderful-sounding holiday. Hope it is also good to be back.

aija said...

Wow! I have been in love with this colorway for a long time (I had a small partial skein I used for a headwrap) but hadn't seen it knit into socks yet. The socks and the colorway are great together!

MagFly said...

Du har verkeleg fått dreisen på sokkestrikkinga. veldig fine!

Heather said...

They are lovely, a really interesting colourway and it works well with the pattern. I must get round to making some Pomatomus socks myself.

Daisy said...

Pomatomus looks gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Great bike !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...