Friday, June 09, 2006

Mata Hari Socks



Pattern: Steph's Mata Hari socks
Yarn: Koigu KPM colour 2239
Started 16 May 2006
Finished 8 June 2006

I remember that I really liked this pattern when Steph knitted her Mata Haris last year, and that was actually the first time I saw a handknit sock that interested me at all!! So now that I knit socks too, the Mata Haris were an obvious choice.

Thanks for sharing the pattern, Steph! I still love it, and it was an addictive knit - "just one more row - I really want to see what the next yarnover looks like" - that kind of knitting!!

Stupid mistakes, and other things to remember:
- First sock was knit with 2 mm clover bamboo needles, one of them snapped in two, so second sock was knit on 2 mm inox needles. Why this makes a difference at all is beyond my comprehension, but second sock is significantly bigger than first sock. Tried to block first sock to same size, it helped a little bit.
- as this was my second pair of socks ever, I used the measurements, heel and toe from Embossed Leaves, because they turned out great and are made with Koigu too. Lesson learnt: Koigu and 64 stitches gave me a perfect size lace sock, but the stockinette socks are too big. Does lace really pull in that much, or did my tension loosen??

5 comments:

MagFly said...

Flotte sokkar! ...eg har ein og ein halv sokk liggande. Det her motivera meg til å ta dei fram att. God helg!

Steph said...

oh, I've just been jumping up and down in my chair with excitement, they are beautiful! I'm happy you like them :-)

Janette said...

They are lovely socks and the colour is beautiful. You are very clever!
Janette

Lynette said...

i love your socks and the color!

karen said...

fantastic color - lovely against the green grass.. I would never have noticed that the one is wider than the other! Beautiful, beautiful socks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...