Thursday, June 22, 2006

Daisies Socks




I am very happy with my Daisies sock. They are cheerful and bright, the colour is rich and saturated, the yarn is soft soft soft, and the socks are very thin. Schaefer Anne - fantastic. Immediately after finishing I cast on with 4 ply Regia, and it was rough and scratchy like household string in comparison with the Schaefer.

Whats more fantastic is that the socks weigh a little less than 55 grams, and he leftover yarn weighs a little more than 55 g. I stink at math, but it seems to me I should be able to squeese two pairs of socks from one skein. I paid appr. GBP 12.4 (excl. VAT) for that skein, and that's a pretty good deal compared to some sock yarns. About the same price as Regia, and half the price of Koigu. I foresee a lot more of this yarn in my mailbox in the future.

Edited to answer question: I bought the yarn at Getknitted.com. There's a link in my sidebar.

Spec

Pattern: My own
Yarn: Schaefer Anne, colourway In the Pink
Started 9 June 2006
Finished 22 June 2006

8 comments:

MagFly said...

Skikkeleg fine sokkar.

Maria said...

Jättefina sockar och garnet verkar helt fantastiskt! Vart har du köpt det? Jag skall egentligen inte handla mer, men jag blev väldigt frestad nu!

Maria said...

Jag läste visst inte hela inlägget, ser nu vart du handlat! Jag skall genast dit och kolla in vilka färger som finns.

Janette said...

Now they are lovely!

aija said...

Lovely socks!

KnitYoga said...

The socks turned out beautifully. The yarn and the daisy pattern go so well together. I'm glad that the yarn is available at Get Knitted because I can see some of that ending up in my basket after I've finished the charity knitting and have time again to knit some luxurious socks just for moi! :-)

kris said...

they are too cute! perfect match of yarn and pattern. i have some anne on the way as well - can't wait to try it.

cindi said...

Beautiful!!! Do you plan on posting the pattern?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...