Monday, June 12, 2006

Cheer me up summer socks




I am working on a pair of sock which is sort of my own pattern, but using a traditional stitch pattern, so I can't really claim it to be mine. The bright red and pink Schaefer Anne yarn (colourway In the Pinks) called to me on a particularly grey and rainy summer day, so I decided to use it for a pair of cheer-me-up-on-dreary-summer-days-socks.

Since I started them however, we have actually had some pretty glorious sunny days, and I hear there are more to come, so maybe I don't need the cheering up after all.

Instead I must take (more) care (tomorrow) so my legs don't end up the exact same shade as the socks! (For the legs I'm aiming for a slightly softer pink this year).

Anyway, in the optimistic spirit of sunny and bright summer days I think I'll just call them Daisies sock instead.

5 comments:

KnitYoga said...

You've really got the sock bug! The daisies sock looks lovely as do the Mata Hari socks in your last post.

Daisy said...

Oh wow the daisies socks look lovely. I really think I should have them (well, they are named for me, aren't they?! ;-) )

Steph said...

What a beautiful color! The daisies are perfect, so sweet and cheerful.

Beth S. said...

Those are SO cheerful! What a splendid idea. :-)

Annarella said...

I just had to stop and tell you how much I love your sox, the colour is fabulous! I could eat that yarn :)
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...