Saturday, May 27, 2006

Something to hate and something to love

Pattern: Hudson from Noro knits.
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden in colourway 84
Modifications: Substituted Noro Big Kureyon with Noro Silk Garden. Knitted 2x4 rib instead of 2x2.
Started 9 March 2006
Finished 25 May 2006

Edited to add: When I put in zippers I follow the advice in this excellent tutorial, except that I sew by hand. (Haha, it sounds like I put in zippers all the time, but I have only done it once before! )





I hate that May is almost over, and yet the weather has been perfect for wearing my newly finished snuggly and warm Hudson cardigan. I hate that I had to wait until 9 pm before I could take pictures, because it has been raining all day.

But to take pictures at 9 pm, in the garden, without a flash, and to think that there's still a month to go with increasing day light - how can you not love it!?

15 comments:

Siri said...

Beautiful sweater! Yes, it's confusing that the longest day of the year is known as "midsummer night" even though it seems like that is when summer is barely getting started. It looks like your weather and long days are similar to here, only a little bit longer days where you live.

Fríða said...

Wow, vilken snygg tröja! gratulerar.
hälsning från Island
Frida

jacqueline said...

wow! it looks gorgeous. i can just imagine snuggling up in that jacket during winter.

i can't believe it is still that light at 9pm. even in the middle of summer the last rays of daylight end around 9pm and no later.

Janette said...

Looks fabulous. Like the 4x2 rib and lucky you with all that daylight!
Janette

Mette said...

Flot trøje! Dejlige farver!

uhoava gnu said...

That looks so beautiful and warm!

Daisy said...

That looks lovely and snuggly. I'd been admiring the pattern and bemoaning not being able to get Big Kureyon here but hadn't got as far as thinking about subbing!
I also can't believe how close we now are to the longest day and wish someone would tell the weather...

Anonymous said...

Den ble jo rett og slett kjempestilig!!! Nå fikk jeg nesten lysten på SilkGarden igjen... Kos deg i den, jeg ville ha vært glad til for at været holder seg kaldt med en sånn jakke å holde det ut i!Hilsen Ingrid
www.fuglemamma.sprayblogg.no

KnitYoga said...

Love the Hudson and it looks great in the SG. The 2x4 rib was a good idea, too.

Minde said...

Hudson looks good! And I like your blog (I've been reading it a little while)!

karen said...

absolutely beautiful! perfect fit! but i wish you won't need it much in the near future! i want summer!!! ;)

HPNY Knits said...

gorgeous use of Noro!!
I love Noro of any kind and your cardi/jacket is great!!

Anna said...

Hudson turned out very well!!

Cassie said...

That is one of the loveliest uses of Noro SG that I've ever seen. It looks like its a perfect fit. Wear it well.

Strikkelise said...

Vakker. Imponert over tre Birch også!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...