Thursday, May 04, 2006

hello goodbye

I started Julia from RYC Summer a couple of days ago. It's a fun knit, the yarn is sooo soft, but I have to frog it. I had a feeling it was a bit big, and laid it out on top of a well fitting sweater. Hm, I guess I should have swatched. The pattern suggest 3.25 mm needles. Being a loose knitter I tried 3 mm. After swatching with 2.5 mm I still can't get gauge. 2.25 mm would probably be right, but I don't think that size is available in Norway. 2 mm is out of the question for a sweater - that's a matter of principle! So I have done some calculations and decided to knit it 1.5 sizes smaller - yes, none of the sizes were right for me, so I had to recalculate all the numbers. The good news is that the design allows for adjustments, as the lace is limited to a middle panel, with stockinette side panels were all the shaping is done.

5 comments:

Steph said...

It's such a lovely green and such a cute sweater!

Daisy said...

That lace pattern is lovely!

KnitYoga said...

That's a very nice lace stitch. Lucky that the lace is a panel in the middle so that you can easily make adjustments. Once you've sorted the sizing out, I'm sure it will be lovely.

Anonymous said...

Kjempefint mønster! Hullmønster er herlig strikking, det er så gøy å strekke ut strikketøyet og beundre mønsteret.

Forresten - jeg synes bare det er gøy at andre kjøper lekkert garn som jeg kan avstandsbeundre i bloggen deres. Det fungerer utmerket som alternativ til å kjøpe det selv;-) Så der har du en unnskyldning til - du kjøper egentlig ikke for din egen del, men til glede for alle andre;-) Hilsen Ingrid www.fuglemamma.sprayblogg.no

krista said...

I love that stitch pattern. Bummer about frogging, but it ios going to be really pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...