Monday, May 15, 2006

Embossed Leaves

Here they are finished, but unblocked (because I couldn't wait), my first socks:



Pattern: Embossed Leaves/Mona Schmidt/Interweave Knits Winter 2005
Yarn: Koigu KPPPM colourway 604
Started: 8 May 2006
Finished: 15 May 2006

Comments: I started these last week when we had some lovely days of twenty-and-some degrees celsius, and I wanted to knit something small, and finished them just in time for the 5-10 chilly degrees we have this week. How's that for timing!

Except for the too tight cuff, I had no problems with this pattern. I found it well written, and was relieved to find that I didn't have to graft the toe or do mysterious technical things to avoid holes around the heel (these worries stem from reading too many sock knitting blog entries without paying full attention, resulting in very vague ideas about the problem areas of socks).

I can't believe how lucky I was in picking this colourway from the little pictures at purlsoho's website - it's perfect, I can't stop admiring it. Also the variegation is as subtle as I like it, and there's no weird pooling. I want all my future socks, sweaters, dresses, skirts, jackets, shoes and coats to be this colour.

12 comments:

MagFly said...

Flott farge og supre sokkar. No vart eg litt misunneleg her...

Steph said...

Your first socks ever??? They're beautiful!

Anna said...

How wonderful they became in that color!

Siri said...

Beautiful knitting. Amazing that they are you're first socks!

Daisy said...

Wow, can't believe those are your first pair! Well done & I hope the sock knitting bug has bitten!

karen said...

Amazing - they are really beautiful! Wonderful yarn-pattern combination - and they seem to fit perfectly! Are you feeling a tiny-bit sock-addicted already?? ;)

uhoava gnu said...

Beautiful socks! No one could guess those are your first pair!

It was fun to see Finnish design in your blog ;)

castoncastoff said...

gorgeous colour and they don't need blocking, they'll be fine, especially if you're going to wear them straight away. :-)

uhoava gnu said...

I linked you in my blog - is it ok?

Karianne said...

Det er helt utrolig! Du må være naturtalent. Sokkene var skikkelig fine:)

Dipsy D. said...

Oh, these socks are so gorgeous, you did an amazing job with them - I love this pattern and absolutely have to try it out as well, and the colorway that you were using is so great as well!

KnitYoga said...

Well done. What a fantastic pair of FIRST!!! socks. I love the colourway and the stitch pattern.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...