Thursday, April 06, 2006

What do you see?

See this thing?

To me it's just an ugly cork mat used to protect the table top from hot pans.

To my two year old, however, it is

- a hellophone (a.k.a. telephone)
- a ball
- the wheels of a bus
- a hat
- an umbrella
- a door to peek out from, and perhaps open
- a hiding place for ghosts
- a drum

Makes you wonder why there is a market for toy shops. It also makes me think that I must have had the same kind of creativity in me at some time. Where did it go?

5 comments:

Bente B said...

Jepp, det er mye gøyere med det som trigger fantasien til barna!!!! Der har vi mye å lære.... eller er det bare det at det tar andre former etterhvert som vi blir eldre kanskje :o)) Vi får håpe det :o))

Tracy said...

Now come on, how many times have you looked at a skein of wool and thought "I know I'll make a......" The creativity is there I promise you!

Steph said...

That's too cute :-)

Britta said...

My son is 10 months old and his favorite toy is emty plastic bottles!
No need to buy toys at all ;-)

Jessica said...

It's so true. Children make no assumptions. They discover things every day. It makes me really envious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...