Monday, April 24, 2006

Shoalwater Shawl



Shoalwater Shawl from Fiber Trends. 3 skeins of Cherry Tree Hill supersock in colourway Moody Blues. Started 31 March 2006, finished 22 April 2006.

The yarn is very bouncy, but blocked nicely. It makes a warm and snuggly shawl. The shawl is huge! I try to show both the length and the width in the pictures. I knit four pattern repeats, but ran out of yarn and had to cut 3-4 four rows. Before running out of yarn I had already decided to not do the picot cast-off and I-cord edge of the original, because I thought it was nice as it was, and I didn't want a very dressy shawl. Snuggly and warm for everyday wear is what I wanted, and I think it came out just the way I wanted!!!


12 comments:

KnitYoga said...

Oh, that is so beautiful! So flowing, it really does remind me of the ocean and it looks good on you, too! The colour is just right.

Julie said...

Very pretty!

Anne said...

That is one lovely shawl - I can see why you were obsessing about it. The colours are beautiful.

Daisy said...

Beautiful!

Cassie said...

The shawl looks beautiful! Wear it well.

Dipsy said...

Hi from Austria! I'm absolutely impressed by your shawl, it turned out to be a real piece of art! What a beautiful colorline you chose, and I love the pattern! Great work!

strikkeforsker said...

Very, very beautiful. The colours are just perfect.

karen said...

That is one extraordinarily beautiful shawl!! The color and the drape look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. It's beautiful, Marie! It looks like it's Feather and Fan, so simple, but it looks gorgeous in that color!

- MJ

Bente B said...

Jeg føyer meg inn i rekken her og må bare si at dette sjalet er bare helt fantastisk!!!!!

Kelly said...

I LOVE it, it makes me really really want to pull mine out! I have a little scarf for my grandmother to finish and then its Shoalwater for the summer! I think I'll leave of the edging as well, I'm looking for snuggly, not fancy as well. Congratulations!!

Strikkelise said...

that is maybe the most beautiful shawl I've ever seen. lovely colour, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...