Saturday, April 29, 2006

Hudson progress pictures and project notes

Hudson will be finished in a couple of days I think ( If I don't procrastinate about putting in the zipper - which is not an unlikely turn of events - it took me three months the last time I had to put in a zipper). All parts except the hood are finished, I have started the hood, bought a zipper, seamed the raglan seams. I can't believe how well matched the striping of the sleeves came out. The body is knit with 5 mm needles, and the hood on 4 mm - for future reference: 4-4.5 is a better choice for me when knitting with Silk Garden.
I don't understand the point of seaming the raglan seams. I much prefer to join all pieces on the needle and knit them together. Also I don't understand why I don't just do it my own way instead of following the pattern as if it were the law!

Edited to add: Ran out of yarn when I was halfway through the hood. No LYS in my area carries Noro, so I have to buy that extra skein online. I suspected that buying one single skein online would be really expensive, and probably better to wait until I buy something else. But with Spring and Summer approaching, this heavy sweater is dangerously close to becoming a UFO, so I really don't want to wait. Checked out the Kangaroo shop, because I have been impressed with their speedy delivery before. I ordered my yarn without looking, and was pleasantly surprised to see that my lone skein checked out at GBP 5.37 with postage included. Nice!

While I'm waiting I'll cast on for Julia from the RYC Summer book.

5 comments:

Daisy said...

Kangaroo are cool - that's where I found some DB Maya in the sale. And the delivery was super-speedy too!

Kelli said...

Hudson look absolutely gorgeous - the stripes in the arms match perfectly. Good luck ordering the extra skein and installing the zipper. It will be a beautiful sweater when you are done!

KnitYoga said...

Hudson looks great! I know what you mean about putting zippers in - the thought is enough to make me get the vapours! LOL I'm so glad you sorted out the extra skein. I found with Fitzgerald it was a very close call as to whether I'd have enough yarn or not and I bought an extra skein! Something for us to bear in mind when knitting with Silk Garden in the future perhaps.

Anna said...

Hi, I just wonder where the Hudson pattern is available. It looks really nice!
//Anna

Mette said...

The Hudson cardigan is on my to-do-list. I'm not looking forward to the zipper-part! The colours are beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...