Friday, March 10, 2006

New portable project

I have finished the back & front of Durrow, and the sleeves require a lot of concentration, so I had to cast on a new easy & portable project: The Hudson cardigan from Noro Knits. Two modifications: I'm using Noro Silk Garden instead of Big Kureyon, and I'm knitting 4x2 rib instead of 2x2. The reason for changing the rib is that I hate knitting 2x2 rib (which is why my only UFO is a UFO (oops, turns out the UFO is 3x2)), and I just can't seem to get even stitches with 2x2 ribbing. But I've been knitting a lot of 4x2 (and 5x1) ribbing lately, and I think it shows off the yarn a lot better, my stitches are more even and the knitting flows almost as smoothly as stockinette.

The colourway is 84.

5 comments:

Anne said...

Oooh - gorgeous colours - and I like the pattern. I know what you mean about 2x2 rib - it's better than 1x1, but that's not saying much...

jacqueline said...

the colour is so rich. good choice ribbing wise!

KnitYoga said...

I think both the ribbing and the colourway are good choices.

Daisy said...

Oh wow, those colours. Gorgeous. *big sigh*

Suegene said...

That looks so nice! How are you compensating for the different gauge? I've been wanting to knit Hudson but I don't want to have to buy more yarn ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...