Wednesday, March 22, 2006

My man

k.. is looking good in his new Durrow sweater, don't you think?

The pattern says to block it if a less snug fit is desired, so obviously I didn't. Because this guy is in great shape for a tight fitting sweater. But it is a bit short, especially the sleeves, so I might have to block it after all.

Durrow was a fun knit. The cabled sleeves were challenging and interesting, and the body was perfect tv and lunch knitting. It knit up pretty quick too. The pattern called for 13 balls of yarn for the smallest size, but i only used 10. There was only one problem: I followed the pattern to the letter, and yet ended up with a neckline the size of a lake. But I was lucky and found this entry by Ken, who had knit the exact same size and encountered the same problems. So I ripped back and followed his instructions, and it came out fine.

The yarn is Jo Sharp Silk Road Aran Tweed in colourway Highland.

13 comments:

Tracy said...

You did a great job, the sleeves really make it an interesting sweater and the colour is perfect!

Janette said...

That looks terrific and I love the colour too.... Janette

Kelly said...

This is a gorgeous sweater, congratulations on finishing it! I love this yarn and imagine it makes a great feeling sweater!

karen said...

again you impress me really by knitting so fast and so neatly!! and yess - he is great looking in that sweater - and what a sweetheart (good sport?!) to model it for you in your blog - my man would need a BIG bribe in order to do that.... (well maybe yours got one too...;))Anyway, fabulous pattern& job!!

KnitYoga said...

That looks fantastic. You seemed to get it knitted very quickly too. There must have been sparks coming off those needles! ;-) The colour's good as well.

Toni said...

Oh, it looks wonderful on him! Jo Sharp Silk Road is one of my favs--it feels so nice.

Terhi said...

Marie, the sweater looks really gorgeous! Well done! :-)

kirsti said...

Kjempeflott genser.

Flotte fletter og fin form - både på genseren og mannen!

Beth S. said...

Wow! I blinked, and you knit an entire sweater! How'd you do that so quickly? ;-)

Jen said...

That is a great sweater, love the color! One of my favorite male sweaters I've seen.

Anonymous said...

Den var kjempefin! Tror jeg må spørre mannen om han har lyst på en sånn;-) Hilsen Ingrid
www.fuglemamma.sprayblogg.no

Bente B said...

WOW, det var en nyyydelig genser!!!!! FLOTT at du abonnerer på meg, jeg har akkurat gjort meg kjent med Bloglines så nå legger jeg til deg også :o)) Utrolig spennende blog (som jeg har vært innom før, selvsagt, he he)

Me said...

that's a wonderful sweater! (and a good-looking man wearing it)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...