Saturday, March 11, 2006

Durrow cable

I want to show you the Durrow sleeve cable. It is asymmetrical, and (at least to me) makes some complicated and unexpected twists and turns.

My first reaction when I saw the pattern was to replace this cable with a symmetrical one, like the one on my Rauma cardigan (which I think is called a Saxon braid, and I think it's the same, or similar, to the Mariah cable (Durrow and Mariah are both designed by Jodi Green).

But I am really glad I didn't. I think this pattern looks great, and it's a lot more interesting to look at, and to knit, than a symmetrical one.

10 comments:

Anne said...

Looking good! OK, so the vague feeling at the back of my mind that maybe someday I'd like to knit Durrow is fast becoming a burning desire! I've got too many projects clamouring to be knitted already...

Marianne said...

For et nydelig mønster! Gleder meg virkelig til å se det ferdig.

jacqueline said...

durrow is looking great. that cable is a masterpiece. like anne i am desperately trying to resist the temptation to knit it myself.

Toni said...

That is so cool. I dig the asymmetry of the cable--makes me take a second look.

Anonymous said...

Wow:-) Kjempefint mønster, takk for nærbildet, jeg har ikke helt "oppfattet" hvordan kabelen ser ut på de offisielle bildene. Den blir superfin! Takk for link, det kan hende jeg må revurdere Noro etter litt bruk, trives godt i Klaralund etter 1 1/2 dag:-) Hilsen Ingrid
www.fuglemamma.sprayblogg.no

Tracy said...

Your eyes just get drawn into the pattern don't they? I love cably things.

Daisy said...

That looks wonderful! Way beyond my ability (considering my wonky cables on Cranberry) but someday I'll get there.

KnitYoga said...

That's a really interesting looking cable. Why do I keep seeing things on other people's blogs that I want to knit? I must stay focussed!

Dipsy D. said...

Hi from Austria! Your Durrow is looking so fantastic, I do admire you for being able to do that kind of cabling - I'm afraid I'm still far away from such cabling experience! Great work indeed!

Beth S. said...

The Durrow cable is so interesting--it reminds me just a little bit of a treble clef. I'm glad you stuck with it. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...