Thursday, January 19, 2006

Tagged! And some knitting

I’ve been tagged by Anne

Four Jobs You Have Had In Your Life:
- part time job collecting tickets and selling chocolate at a theatre, cleaning, gallup telephone interviewer, legal adviser

Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over:
Amadeus, Three Colours - Blue, The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Dangerous Liasons.

Four Places You Have Lived:
Bergen, Stavanger, Oslo, and small town in Canada

Four TV Shows You Love To Watch:
Lost, Desperate Housewives, Six Feet Under, Judging Amy

Four Places You Have Been On Vacation:
Prague, Berlin, Hawaii, Malta

Four Websites You Visit Daily:
- Bloglines, which leads me to a zillion blogs
- Attachment Parenting Norway forum
- not daily, but way too often, my favourite webshops like Pinnsvindesign (yarn) and Alveslottet (toys and childrens dress up costumes)

Four Of Your Favorite Foods:
Norwegian chocolate, Austrian chocolate, Swiss chocolate and Danish chocolate

(But I'm too lacy to find links to Nidars Bocca, Mozart Kugeln, Toblerone and Anthon Berg..)

Four Places You Would Rather Be Right Now:
- back in the early seventies (preschool years...)
- in bed
- Norwegian South Coast
- travelling the world

Four Bloggers You Are Tagging: Anyone who feels like it!

In knitting news:

- I'm finally making some progress on Ballerina (pictures to come this weekend)
- Swing Thing is almost finished but I need more yarn
- I tried to sign up for the new Hanne Falkenberg knitalong, but my computer crashed every time I tried to e-mail the person in charge, so I'll take that as a no!
- I'm debating whether or not I should sign up for the Yarn Harlot's Olympic challenge, and if so, what should be my challenge? Probable a lace project - ref. my 11 January entry
- I have received the pattern for the Shoalwater Shawl (see my 11 January entry), and am eagerly waiting for the yarn to arrive (Cherry Tree Hill, never seen it in person before -> very excited). But I don't consider this shawl an Olympic or other kind of challenge that will help improve my lace skills.
I just like the way it looks.
- I'm also waiting for the yarn for Durrow
- I have decided to knit a black garter stitch Birch (my third, how boring), not for the fun or challenge, but I could really use a black shawl for a party next month, besides I want to see if I can do it in 7 days. My other Birch is stockinette, but I find that I like its wrong side better, so the new one will be garter stitch.
- I have some newly arrived gorgeous Silk Garden waiting for me to finish some of the above. It's so beautiful that I actually took the time to figure out the macro function on my camera:

2 comments:

Anne said...

Thanks for doing the meme - I love the colours of the Noro.

Pixiepurls said...

I am trying to find out how the garter vs the st st version of birch differ! Do you have photos?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...