Friday, January 20, 2006

The blogger formerly known as Tari

I have changed the name of my blog, and I won't be using the Tari nick anymore.

Tari was a nick I got from this Tolkien style elvish name generator. I needed a nick for discussion forums, and liked the sound of it. But I'm not a devoted Tolkien fan, so it just isn't the right nick for me.

Instead I'll be using my real name, which is Marie.
The blog name will be Marie fly fly, which is a nickname my parents gave me when I was a little girl. I have a clear memory of myself identifying with that nickname at the age of 3. I also remember believing that my best friend, a little boy called Ole, was really named Ole fly fly...

Maria fly fly is a Norwegian childrens' word for ladybug (the real word for ladybug is "marihøne"). Since my name is Marie rather than Maria obviously it was changed to Marie fly fly.

6 comments:

Beth S. said...

That was a cool link! I got the name Anaranë. Which has something to do with the sun, I think (yes, I am a Tolkien geek!)

"Ladybug" in German is Marie-something too, isn't it?

MagFly said...

Congratulations! The ladybugs from my blog will fly by sometimes. God helg!

Lisa D. said...

Very cute name story. You definitely should add some cute ladybug graphics on your site!

jacqueline said...

cute name!! i agree with the others...add some ladybugs to your site.

karen said...

Congratulations, Marie! i love that name on your blog - it stands for dreams and good luck - important ingredients in knitting!

Inger said...

Det hadde noe å gjøre med logoen til "Bokklubbens barn" også. Hilsen Inger

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...