Saturday, January 28, 2006

Ballerina progress

I reached the halfway point last night. I made a mistake with the increases and had to frog the sleeve last week, but other than that it has been a pretty straight forward knit. Ballerina is knit in one piece, sleeves included, so when I say halfway there, it really is half done - no sleeve island retreat! The first picture shows the front and sleeve (the white yarn is just waste yarn for a provisional cast on), the second the back and the sleeve, and the third a detail which shows all the colours.

11 comments:

Heather said...

Wow you knit fast!

Ballerina looks lovely, a very nice design and the close up of the colours is great.

Janette said...

As with all your knits... it's looking great Marie!

karen said...

I'm impressed - you are really a quick knitter! And it's beautifully knit - and the colors make my mouth water...your lucky mom!!

Beth S. said...

I just love those colors together. It's going to be a stunner when it's done!

Terhi said...

The colours look so vibrant together! This is going to be a very beautiful knit. (I also want to thank you for commenting in my blog, and Onni thanks you too. :-))

Tracy said...

Stunning!

KnitYoga said...

Ballerina is looking good! Makes me envious. When I get time I want to make the dark coloured one - I think it's black/grey??

Kelly said...

This is a beautiful sweater, the colors are perfect and I've never seen anything constructed that way--it will be nice to really be finished once your done--not left with sleeves to do and seam in!

Inger said...

Hei Marie

Det ser kjempefint ut. Jeg gleder meg. Hils Helene.
Hilsen Inger

Steph said...

I love your ballerina. Very pretty. Right now I'm finishing Mermaid and trying to decide what colour to buy for Studio Long. It's either Cyclamen/Aubergine/Mustard or Dark Orange/Fushia/Mustard.

I was all set to buy the first one until I saw your sweater--so pretty.

castoncastoff said...

This looks fantastic. Just adore the colours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...