Friday, December 30, 2005

Temptation

I have finished the Temptation cardigan from Kim Hargreaves' Earthly Treasures collection. The yarn is Rowan Big Wool in colourway Camouflage. The pattern was well written, and the different pieces fit together like the pieces in a puzzle. It was a very quick knit on 12 mm needles, but with increases, decreases and eyelets going on all the time, it was more of a concentration project than I had expected. Appr. knitting time was around 15 hours!

I love the shape of this cardi, but for a curvy girl like myself I have to say that Big Wool doesn't make the most flattering of fabrics!

This is probably my last FO in 2005, unless I manage to finish the Most Boring Knit Ever (MBKE) tonight. More about that later (it's too boring to explain). More blogworthy knitting news are the Hipknits yarn I have received and will show you soon, and an exciting new Danish project I will cast on for tomorrow (not the Isager sweater, but one I haven't shown you yet).

Daisy and Kate asked if I have close-ups of the Queen of Denmark shawl. I'm afraid I don't. It's too hard to take pictures this time of year, and as it was a Christmas gift I didn'thave time to wait for natural light photo opprtunities. Sorry!

4 comments:

Steph said...

I have to say it looks fabulous on you! Very flattering! I'm trying to figure out a cardi pattern myself for Big Wool and I think KH did a great job with Temptation, it's so stylish.

Terhi said...

I think it looks very nice on you! I love that design, and you've knitted it so beautifully. :-)

karen said...

I turned out absolutely lovely!! Looking at yours I regret that I didn't make mine one size smaller- it fits you perfectly!!

karen said...

well - I hope you understood that the "I" in my comment certainly was supposed to be "IT"!! By all means! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...