Friday, November 04, 2005

Little darlings

Aren't they cute!! My nieces are 7 months old, and they are identical twins.

They are dressed in identical outfits that I knitted for them. I started knitting the day I was told there was a baby coming. I don't think I would have chosen this project if I had known I was knitting for twins, though. Too much stockinette! What I really like about the suit is the straight legs of the trousers, and the edge detail of the cardigan. It's a very simple chrocheted edge with chrocheted loops for button holes. So much easier than a traditional pick-up-stitches-and-knit-edge-and-make-neat-buttonholes, which I never do very well. And it looks much nicer.

When I learnt that I was knitting for twins I checked with the parents whether they prefer identical clothes, or matching but not identical outfits or completely different outfits. I know that if they were my twins I wouldn't be comfortable with other people making that choice for me.

7 comments:

karen said...

they look just adorable - both the twins and the outfits!

Daisy said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaah, sweet! Bet they're not always so angelic though!

Torill said...

Ah, nyydelig!! Virkelig lekekr farge til de. Det var nok vel verdt å strikke de, når du ser hvor vakre de er på og sammen!

Julie said...

So cute! (The little ones and the outfits!)

Toni said...

Yes, very very cute! And such darling outfits!

Tracy said...

They look gorgeous!

KnitYoga said...

Both outfits and babies are adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...