Monday, November 14, 2005

It's beyond my control

Stuff just keeps falling into my mailbox.

Here are my latest acquisitions: Kim Hargreave's Temptation kit, Marianne Isager's Tvinni yarn for the sweater in the previous post, and white mohair that I will tell you more about some other time. And Vogue Knitting.

My fingers are itching to start the Temptation, but I haven't decided what size needles are best. The pattern calls for 12 mm, but my knitting tends to be loose, so I was thinking 11, but I can't find 11 mm needles in any shop. I swatched with 10 mm and it came out a bit off gauge, but I'm thinking of making a smaller size than intended.

I feel a bit guilty for having bought black yarn for the Isager sweater. I have spent the past 20 years dressed basically in black, with the odd beige item as my only splashes of colour. But for some reason I tend to go with reds and oranges, or bright green for my handknits, and feel bad about buying black or beige yarn. I guess I feel that black or neutrals are bit of a waste when there are som many beautiful colours to choose between for handknits. But I would like a really nice black sweater, not for the fun of knitting it, but I know it will be worn a lot.

I have come across a couple of very interesting free patterns, that are now included in my rather extensive list of future projects: Durrow for my boyfriend, and W for myself.

5 comments:

jacqueline said...

both of those projects are gorgeous. good choice on both projects.

Tracy said...

It's so strange how these things arrive out of nowhere isn't it ;)

karen said...

you MUST start temptation! It's such a quick and fun knit! I have mine all knit up - only the seaming remains...
Lovely twinni yarn! Is it for the rib sweater in your last post?

KnitYoga said...

Funny - I have the same problem with stuff constantly arriving in the post! :-) The Temptation looks as if it's going to live up to its name!

Beth S. said...

Wow. That Temptation sweater is gorgeous! And you picked such a wonderful color, too. I love that chocolate brown.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...