Tuesday, November 22, 2005

"Bedre lykke enn forstand"

That translates into something like "more luck than brains", and is something my mother likes to say. And some times she's right. It was definitely with a lot more luck than brains that I could slowly exhale when I tried on my almost finished cabled cardigan last night.

I ditched the patterns and the calculator early in the process, and proceeded to take some numbers here, some cables there and from a third source a raglan pattern that was almost right but not quite, and then I basically made the decisions as I went along. My biggest worry was finding the right number of raglan decreases, and when to finish the cables before reaching the decrease rows and the neck shaping. And from what I can see that part turned out fine.

But, there is one big drawback. The cardi is definitely a bit too small for me! But for some reason I don't care about that. I am happy if the cardi turns out well shaped and proportioned. Hopefully it will stretch a bit in the blocking, and if not I really need to get serious about my diet anyway!!

So tonight and tomorrow I will finish the i-cord edging (I can't believe the TIME that takes), and like a good knitter I plan to wet block the pieces before I seam it up, and then there is the serious matter of installing a zipper, so I don't expect to be able to show any pictures before the weekend.

(Now I wonder how much weight I can lose before that??)

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh we're so similar...that's exactly the thought process that goes throough my head whilst reaching for another biscuit, how much weight can I lose between then and now ;)

karen said...

I'm sure a little blocking will do wonders - it so often does! My mom always says that too, btw!- "lykka er bedre enn forstanden"...well I'm glad it is. At least sometimes...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...