Saturday, October 08, 2005

One-armed Mermaid and the River

This is Mermaid today. I have finished weaving in ends, knitted the sleave seams and attached one sleeve. The problem is I have allowed the inner perfectionist to take control, and she is only 99 % happy with the sleeve job. So I haven't gotten around to the second one just yet, besides I had a migraine.

So instead of finishing Mermaid I started River. Again. It's going much better this time. The difference is that I am giving it my full attention, and if I can't do that, I put it away for awhile and work on my alpaca sweater instead.

The main project for the weekend, however, is not River or alpaca, but
1. Finish Mermaid
2. Plant tulip bulbs

Look what I found in my mailbox today! Only three months late!!!

3 comments:

Steph said...

Wow, mermaid already looks incredible! Can't wait to see it on you.

KnitYoga said...

Your mermaid is looking extremely impressive. I'm sure you must be really pleased with it. River is coming along nicely, too. Good idea about the tulip bulbs - some autumn planting is on my list for the weekend as well. I always find planting very therapeutic (if not a little back breaking at times!.

Tracy said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing Mermaid finished...you will model it won't you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...