Monday, October 03, 2005

Disappointed!

I was so sure I would be able to finish Mermaid this weekend, but no. It's almost midnight now, and still there's appr. 1.5 hours left of knitting + the finishing which I tend to underestimate. I really have to be a responsible adult and go to bed now.

Normally my daughter takes a 2 hour nap in the middle of the day, which is my best knitting time. This weekend, however, she skipped her naps altogether, hence my unfinished knitting. If that's how it's going to be from now, I will have to reconsider my knitting habits! In preparing for a new phase in my life as a knitter I have practised some new techniques today:

Knitting while reading for child - easy!
Knitting while playing with train set, doll's house and lego - easy!
Knitting while playing with ball - tricky, but possible
Knitting while pushing child on swing - no, I can't do that. Yet.
Knitting while singing and playing piano - absolutely impossible

This way I got some knitting done, but speed and concentration suffered.

My daughter will be 2 in a couple of weeks. Surely it's not to early for one of those learn-to-knit-kits? For a birthday present, I mean. Then we could knit together :dreaming:

2 comments:

Daisy said...

My Mum started my brother and I off early with craft stuff. She used to use a hole punch to punch holes in old cards/postcards and we would thread wool through, with sellotape around one end to make a "point". Can't remember how old we were then, perhaps two is a little young still...

Tracy said...

What about those French knitting things too. She might only be 2 but she probably is a natural having a mum like you. I can remember mine with a great deal of affection as it was bright red with a cheery yellow face. I would sit for hours making miles of icord!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...