Monday, October 31, 2005

Anniversary!!!

Today it's been three years since I smoked my last cigarette!

In celebration I asked at the grocery shop today what a pack of cigarettes costs now. It's NOK 65! = 8 Euro = GBP 5.60 =USD 10

It's mindblowing:

During my three years of non-smoking I could have bought 400 skeins of Lornas Laces Lion & Lamb, but I have only bought four, and I have been feeling guilty about them too.

I could have bought 800 skeins of Kidsilk Haze, but have only bought eight!

The math is simple: I could have bought 100 times more yarn than what I have actually bought.

Obviously I have a lot of catching up to do, and no reason to ever again feel guilty about yarn shopping !!

6 comments:

Hazel said...

I agree - think of all the money you have saved! Lion & Lamb and KSH are two of my favourites and the colours you've chosen are lovely. I wonder what you're going to make with them?

Daisy said...

Wow, love that Lion & Lamb!

karen said...

I like that kind of math - my yarn budget should be almost unlimited since I never smoked, at least not regularly.. I also have 4 LL waiting for me in my stash!..looks very similar, mine is "bittersweet" - thought of making clapotis - but I am not quite sure - what are you making? I think it is so great to have you around - with such good taste for yarn!!;)

Tracy said...

Well done you! Just think next time you drop into your LYS you can spend to your heart's content...like you said, it could all have gone up in smoke!

jacqueline said...

I like your style girl! good thinking.

Steph said...

Congratulations!
Now get shopping ;-)
I tagged you for a meme!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...