Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Self restraint is overrated anyway

I had no choice. I had to go to town today. I needed a new battery for my watch. The watchmaker is across the street from Husfliden. That's not my fault, is it? Before I proceed with pictures, I must ask you to please take a moment to consider that after all there were a number of things that I did NOT buy:

1. Vogue Knitting. I finally found a place that sells Vogue Knitting, and it was only the slightest bit overpriced, and there are 3 og 4 patterns in it that I really like. Now, did I buy it? No!! I did not! Did I show self restraint? I think I did!
2. Olive coloured alpaca, the good quality one, from Du Store Alpakka. Do I love olive green? Yes! Was it 50% off? Yes! Did I buy it? No! I did not! Did I show self restraint? Oh, yes, I did!
3. Offwhite and camel bulky 1-thread alpaca, Du Store Alpakka. Are offwhite and camel my favorite colours? Yes. Was it 50% off? Yes. Did I buy it? No, I did not, for I am a woman of self restraint!!

And here are a couple of pictures:


7 comments:

karen said...

I should NOT have read your post. Now I know that there is a sale on yarn from du store alpakka within my very immidiate reach! 50 %. I will absolutely not go to town. Today. Or tomorrow.
The finull-shade is marvellous!! It's going to be one fabulous jacket!! And the camel alpaca - is it for the ribbed sweater shown in grey? It looks wonderful!

Daisy said...

You have LOADS more self control than me! I'd have emptied the shop!

Tracy said...

Go back go back!

Steph said...

That plum yarn is beautiful. And you know, you can never have too many garments in plum ;-)

Purly Whites said...

I would have never shown that kind of self-restraint. You are very impressive!

Anonymous said...

Lovely. Self-restraint is overrated anyway. Your yarn is superb quality, as always:-) But that Rauma-pattern...doesn't it look a lot like a cardigan pattern from Knitty? Las year's autumn edition I think, the name of the pattern might have been Mariah... Hm...

Love, Ingrid (www.fuglemamma.sprayblogg.no)

Anonymous said...

Lovely. Self-restraint is overrated anyway. Your yarn is superb quality, as always:-) But that Rauma-pattern...doesn't it look a lot like a cardigan pattern from Knitty? Las year's autumn edition I think, the name of the pattern might have been Mariah... Hm...

Love, Ingrid (www.fuglemamma.sprayblogg.no)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...