Wednesday, August 17, 2005

FO!!

















Here are some hastily taken photos of the baby aran that I managed to finish appr. 2 minutes before Nene's bedtime (so please excuse the crappy photos).

Spec:
Pattern: Dale of Norway baby booklet 152.
Yarn: Dale of Norway Baby Ull (superwash merino wool)
2.5 mm needles
Notes: In the original pattern the entire sweater is meant to be knit in the round in garter stitch. I changed it to stockinette stitch, partly because garter stitch in the round would be the same as purling, and what's the point in that? Secondly I don't like the look of garter stitch in such a light yarn, partly because it's difficult to maintain even stitches, besides I can't help thinking that the garment is inside out!

I like garter stitch patterns a lot, however, if they are knit with a heavier yarn. I think a garter stitch fabric in a heavy yarn has a charming, naive feeling to it.

In fact, my next project is a cardigan entirely in garter stitch. Will be casting on the minute I finish this post! More details tomorrow.

2 comments:

Annette said...

Very nice!!

Elink72 said...

KJEMPEFIN genser!! :D :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...